Six weeks, in the grand scheme of things, is a relatively brief period of time. I thought the past six weeks of tackling the Special K 6-week Challenge would be excruciating, but they've surprisingly sped by.
I did it! Here's the stats.
- Days on the diet: 42
- Bowls of Special K: 84, give or take a few. (Cut me some slack. No one can resist pizza when everyone at work is eating it.)
- Pounds lost in the 1st 3 weeks: 4
- Pounds lost in the 2nd 3 weeks: 0
- Blood sugar changes: My BGs are consistently landing near my targets and are much more stable!
This challenge was easy. Even more importantly, I've learned tremendously from this experience. What did I learn?
- Small meals do wonders for my blood sugar. I'm going to stick to just 1 normal meal a day, with 4 mini meals.
- Mini meals between 15-25 grams of carbs seem to work best.
- My carb counting skills and my insulin dosages have been honed to near perfection. When your BGs are stable all day, you can get a better reading on how accurate you are with that normal meal for dinner.
Will I continue eating Special K every day? Probably not. But I do still like Special K. I plan to do my best with sticking to mini meals. The good thing is I know I can always count on that crunchy cereal if I fall off the wagon and need to start over, which will almost certainly happen.